So it's been a while but Summertime bliss takes precedent even over preserving a history of our little family. We have been basically tearing up various aspects of the house and doing them the way we would have liked to have had them for the last eight years in order to move. On one 90+ degree day we decided to begin ripping, skil-sawing and basically demolishing one bathroom and managed to set off the fire alarm. (What can I say, when Joe and I work together, it's hot.) 
We were working in between dips in the pool. nothing sexier than a man and a toilet!!
After completing the kids bathroom and even setting the disgusting poo-colored, wax, toilet ring right on try two (I don't recommend this for improving marital relations there were mutterings like jerk, nerd and I might have dropped a jack-blank once.) We rewarded ourselves with a trip to the lake.
We were working in between dips in the pool. nothing sexier than a man and a toilet!!
But not just any lake, oh no. A good friend of mine invited us to their house on Long Lake and since it reached into the 100's that day there wasn't a more heavenly place on earth than where we were.
The water was clean and snow cones unlimited. We even got to tube and jet ski. It was a perfect day, Thank you Hilyards!
In other news we foisted our children onto yet another group of unsuspecting non-denominational Christians for VBS and Scottie learned to ride her bike.
Many tears were shed -not tears of joy- but eventually she sailed off on her own. And finally, Joe turned 33. I think he's still got it but he says he's starting to feel old. 
Many tears were shed -not tears of joy- but eventually she sailed off on her own. And finally, Joe turned 33. I think he's still got it but he says he's starting to feel old. 
Alright, perhaps you have aged a bit since the day we got married .
Wise, perhaps, rugged, weathered but never old. I think, your patented description of yourself as "Milk in a Champagne Glass" has never been more apropos than now.
All the birthdays so far have been terrific, here's to many more!
All the birthdays so far have been terrific, here's to many more!
6 comments:
Happy Birthday Joe!
Sam you should be a columnist. And did you mean jackass?
Nice recap...Happy Birthday Joe! You are not old because I'm a month older than you and that would mean I'm old also...
Oh, and post pictures of the finished product of all your hard labor or maybe I should just come over!
I agree with Jarom, you should be a columnist. Love reading your stuff, keep it up.
I'd also like to see pictures of your remodels. Isn't it funny how we fix up our homes just so we can move out? Nice hook up with the lake trip on that deathly hot day. The water looks like cool perfection. Oh, and thanks for the anthem to Oregon. Hadn't heard that one before.
You crack me up! Is your house on the market now? Where are you moving to? Glad you had a great summer, and I hope you found a school for your kids!
Post a Comment