Sunday, September 13, 2009

Grandma Ellsworth

Where has the summer gone?!!? I am just going to write about the last week. My grandmother died after 91 years on earth. We had been hoping based on her awesome health and spunk that she would live to 100. She had even set that as a goal after she lived past her previous goal of 80. (she has a goal to die at 80). My favorite story was when she went into the hospital the last time the doctor asked her to make a fist and she shook her fist at him. She lived such a good long life and raised 10 kids with out her husband that it was hard to be anything but happy for her to be back with her husband. Of course we will miss her, but we want the best for her.



I flew to Phoenix and then drove with my dad to Safford. We drove strait to my cousin Jay Curtis and Dustin Curtis’ nursery to talk and swim in his pool. We spent the night at Dustins’ house and we each had our own rooms because his whole family slept in one room. Accommodations where very good. The next day was the funeral and I got to be the photographer which is a lot of pressure because you hate to not get the shots on an occasion like that. After the funeral we went back to the nursery for Carne Asada. My dad and my cousins helped make salsa and marinate meat which always takes longer than expected. We were all hungry and tore into that succulent meat and copious amounts of salsa until our faces glistened with cow meat and salsa juice.










These are the 10 children and 1 "adopted" child she raised.

Again we swam until the wee hours of the morning. I didn’t have my daughters there so I adopted a few and they gave me manicures and haircuts and for payback I read their palms. It didn’t take long until every kid wanted a palm reading I gave life span and church callings and intelligence and future discipline. Parents weren’t too thrilled but hey, what are you going to do?






1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I'm sorry about your Grandma.

I love the picture of you in the hot tub with a zillion kids.