Sitting outside, over the runway at Long Beach Airport waiting for our Delicious dinner.I am so glad Joe had the health and mental stability to jot a quick D-land blog. Our posterity will greatly appreciate his efforts. The week immediately following our return was really terrible and so I didn't get to write down all of my wonderful memories of the place and there are so many. We got back Friday at Midnight and on Monday a close friend passed away very unexpectedly (having just picked us up from the airport two days earlier) and we were all coming down with the stomach flu. The great thing was that I did have the happy California times to remember and I still wish out loud that I was back there every day. . . . So does she.
Disneyland was every bit as good as I remember and better just busier. Gone are the days when you run to the front of the line and go on the ride twelve times in a row. Gone in Disneyland, but in California Adventure you can still do that! I love that place. It was a major hit with the entire family. I do want to add that I am the complainer about waiting in lines and I never thought we had a long line, (except autopia cars.) This was due to tactical use of 15 fast passes (thanks Justin) and three sets of stroller passes. We played that place like a violin.
Together these two were as cute to watch as any show at the Park.


Disneyland was every bit as good as I remember and better just busier. Gone are the days when you run to the front of the line and go on the ride twelve times in a row. Gone in Disneyland, but in California Adventure you can still do that! I love that place. It was a major hit with the entire family. I do want to add that I am the complainer about waiting in lines and I never thought we had a long line, (except autopia cars.) This was due to tactical use of 15 fast passes (thanks Justin) and three sets of stroller passes. We played that place like a violin.
Together these two were as cute to watch as any show at the Park.Here are a few great quotes:
"My favorite ride was Peter Pan, I liked it when Captain Hook got all cut up." -Tess
"Now that Aurora hugged me, I'm six!" -Tess
Joe, "Wow Gunner you really took it to Darth Maul." Gunner, " Yeah, I know, that's why they saved me for last."

"If I were in the parade I would be Snow White, I mean, Sleeping beauty, no, Alice. Actually anyone but her ugly friend with the too big hat." -Scottie
"I love the Jungle Cruise with the Crocodiles and the Zebras and the Llama, yeah the king Llama!!!" -Tess (Llamas!?!?! What ride was she on?)
and last but most importantly . . .
Samantha, "Man it would be fun to come here with out the kids, but why would you take me without the kids?" Joe, "Why wouldn't I take you with out the kids."
That last quote was added as proof of a binding verbal agreement. And, since this is for posterity I thought I'd add a thumbs up thumbs down list:
Thumbs Down:
- Autopia Cars- line was too long.
- Bug Land- the B is for boring but the little kids liked it.
- Main Street- Yikes that place is shoulder to shoulder!
- Grizzly river Rapids- You get soaked COMPLETELY meaning chaffed. I realize this is good for some.
- parking and tram service at the Park- $$$ and slow.
- Nemo- The wait is NOT worth the ride.
- Haunted Mansion- completely changed to the "Corpse Bride" for Halloween, rip off.
Needless to say, the Boys took all the interactive rides very seriously.Thumbs Up: This list would be too long so I'm only listing a few.
- California Screamin'
- Year Of a Million dreams give aways- This was so cool, cast members would be hiding in remote areas throughout the park and if you happened upon them they would jump out and give you something cool; mouse ear hats, pins etc.
- Parades- awesome and they gave us a chance to rest
- Jedi Training (completely mesmerizing) / Meeting Princesses throughout the park.

- Mr.Toad's Wild Ride- that one never gets old
- Thunder Mountain Railroad- Even Better at night.
- Being there with cousins and siblings.
This picture is a good example of an adult taking one for the team. To pull it off we all took turns handling the HUGE amount of kids we'd brought. It was totally worth it.
3 comments:
It sounds like your trip was fabulous! I wish I could go there in October. We will probably go during Christmas again and wait in crazy long lines as usual.
It looks like you guys had a blast! I can't wait for you to plan this for the Ellsworths! ;)
Looks like everyone had fun! Makes me want to go again, but that won't be any time soon. Darn it!
Post a Comment