Sunday, November 9, 2008

Bagging Yuppies


This Saturday was super Saturday so I stayed home with the girls while Samantha was going to go for two hours. The weather was good and I was planning to go shooting when she got back. Of course she realized she does like crafts and stayed the whole time and then some. When she got back Saturday was mostly gone but I still wanted to shoot so I packed up the whole family and we drove up Tiger mountain. This is a big city so everywhere is crawling with people. I found a little trail that led to an open area that I thought would be empty so we set up chairs and targets and started blasting away. We were about 200 rounds into it and Samantha was basically shooting like the gun was fully automatic and I hear yelling coming from the trees behind the targets. Samantha didn't hear it until I yelled back that it was OK and she stopped shooting and quickly threw the gun in the grass. It was a yuppy couple out for a hike with their canine substitute for children. They tried to get all angry with us but changed their tune when they saw Betsy setting up my bottles and targets for me. Apparently the ground was exceptionally hard and bullets were ricocheting up through the trees. I was glad nothing bad happened. After we got over the shock we set up more plastic bottles in a safer direction with a soft dirt backdrop and finished off all the rounds. I am glad to know that if an intruder enters our house Samantha knows how to load, cock and aim the gun well enough to neurtralize a threat. So to speak.

2 comments:

Jarom said...

I would love to see video of Betsy setting up the targets.

Only Ellsworth in Miami said...

"I am glad to know that if an intruder enters our house Samantha knows how to load, cock and aim the gun well enough to neurtralize a threat. So to speak."

That's if she does not throw the gun in the grass when the intruder attacks. Just kidding Sammy.