
We know Easter has come and gone but we have recently had a fun time with the subject at our house. On Wednesday the girls had a babysitter mid-day who had them watch Pollyanna. Gunner who came home from school part way through loved the movie too and has since been trying to memorize Aunt Polly's dear Reverends sermon. He often reminds us, in a loud voice, that, "Death Comes Unexpectedly!" Unfortunately the whole family discovered this first hand when the girls discovered a dead bird in the back yard. It was Thursday and I hear one of the kids shout, "Mom, there's a dead bird out here!" And before I can say dead things have grody germs, Scottie was at the sliding glass door, bird in hand. They had several questions, "Why do they have germs?" "Why are the eyes missing?" and chiefly, "Why is it's neck so wobbly?" I guess they buried it and I had high hopes that the episode was over. Not So. This morning Scottie showed me a feather she had taken from the bird so she could always remember it. BLAHK! It was even worse to hear myself saying out loud, "We do not pluck dead birds!" In the end Scottie had this to say about it, "Well I guess this was a really rotten bird because, I du
g into the grave and there it was. It hadn't rised up to Heaven." Then the girls took turns trying to rise up to Heaven themselves with the help of the trampoline.
g into the grave and there it was. It hadn't rised up to Heaven." Then the girls took turns trying to rise up to Heaven themselves with the help of the trampoline.Other highlights of the week include:


5 comments:
Two words: Bird Flu.
Scottie looks adorable. Addy just said, " Is that Scottie? She looks BEAUTIFUL!"
Ahh yes, the dead bird on the back porch. We have had our share of those. Bode's favorite word is "burrrrd." Cameron goes on for days about how the bird "smashed" into our window and came floating down "spinning and twisting." So far no one has picked them up that I know of.
when i was about scottie's age we had a gerbil that died.. well, actually i accidently stepped on it... my parents felt really bad for me so we had a full on funeral- and though my parents are very good there must have been some holes somewhere in their teaching because a) my brother made a wood cross for the grave, b) i kept digging the thing up all week to show my friends, and c) when my brother caught me, he told me that the gerbil or anything, wouldn't be able to go to heaven if it got dug up after it was buried... which i believed for much longer than i should have.
scottie looks beautiful with her big girl cut!
I love Scottie's hair...so cute!
I saw Scottie's hair and church yesterday, SO adorable. It's great.
Post a Comment