Thursday, April 24, 2008

Ahoo gets a bob




WARNING: This post contains shameless loquacity about how cute my kids are.

So Ahoo/ Tess finally prevailed and after a week of pleading, got a haircut like Scottie. Monkey Dooz has officially become a grail quest for my girls. Scottie now wants to have her next birthday party there and even spent her own money to buy the shampoo ( It is root beer scented!). I must admit, I love the place too. I realized as I was still smiling after putting three miles between me and Monkey Dooz it is a terrific place and it's not just the $10 cuts on Tuesdays and Thursdays. The walls are lined with the kinds of impractical goodies only mothers of small girls who grew up in the hideously tomboyish 70's could dream up. So after a new barrett, a dum-dum for each gal and a quick spritz of sparkle hair spray we were off and better for the visit. To think I actually wanted Betsy to be a boy! I am amazed daily at how fun three girls in a row is. Yes, in a decade when I have two female teens and a tween you can all come and gloat at my pain but that just makes these times all that much better. I can do three laundry loads in a row and never see anything navy blue or hunter green.

In other news, Scottie lost her first tooth, Gunner is the narrator for his school play and I still smell good. I'm not bragging, it's straight from Gunner's lips!

5 comments:

Tia said...

I love it! Both girls look great and I'm so excited about the $10 haircuts! Angie told me once she thought that was the price, but I checked out the price sheet and they weren't that cheap. So thanks for the tip! We're going to have to check out Monkey Dooz on my new favorite days T and TH:)

Amanda said...

Alright I guess I need to drag my motley crew into that place. I wonder if they'd do MY hair too...
And yes, having girls is sooooo much fun. I get to be surrounded by these little people who think I am the most beautiful princess in the land.
We'll have to get together in about 10 years and remind ourselves how cute they were.

kelly said...

$10 haircuts! awesome, i might actually break down and let someone else cut lucy's hair... i've been thinking she might need a pro to go at it lately, and your girls both look like beautiful princesses. (and so do you)

Clark Family said...

I love that place....your girls look very cute!

Onica said...

Note to self: Take my kids to Monkey Doos so they can be as cute as Samantha's kids.