Hello again from the land of the Nits (which I recently discovered are the eggs of head lice so we may be changing that)! This past weekend we went to Kennewick, Washington to see Joe's Oldest Brother's new baby, Elijah, get blessed and for a peek at the mythical Grandpa Bryan that we don't get to see enough of. The blessing was good as usual and for some reason our children were far more reverent than in our home ward and we actually got to listen to a few of the testimonies. It also helped that Scottie got to sit with her awe-inspiring, big girl second cousins Jerrica and Sierra. She was very quiet and star-struck and one less child, no matter which one, is always easier for sacrament meeting.We spent the weekend eating alot (thank you Bonnie!) and chatting and the weather there was terrific! We stayed at a hotel and so the kids got their fill of the Pool and continental breakfast. For Joe and I, cramming a family of six, other than being illegal as far as fire codes go, was difficult. But for the kids it was like Christmas coming early. I do let them jump on the beds and watch all the channels we don't get at home. This coupled with unlimited sugar cereal and shelf-stable danishes made the weekend a real treat. Joe and I learned that we have a very loud finger sucker in Scottie, a wall scratching Gunner and that Tess will kick her legs furiously at odd moments throughout the night. We did have fun though. On the way home we ran into this little teapot gas station. We thought it was cool and found out that it is som
e kind of historical land mark. As you can see, the kids really thought alot of that. Gunner tried to kick it and Scottie and Tess picked at the shingles. My favorite quote form the whole weekend was, of course, from Gunner. After reading a few of the signs at the "Teapot" I heard him mutter, "Oh great another place I can't smoke." Gunner, you're always smokin' to me!
e kind of historical land mark. As you can see, the kids really thought alot of that. Gunner tried to kick it and Scottie and Tess picked at the shingles. My favorite quote form the whole weekend was, of course, from Gunner. After reading a few of the signs at the "Teapot" I heard him mutter, "Oh great another place I can't smoke." Gunner, you're always smokin' to me!
3 comments:
Wish we could have been there. I am so jealous that you guys live close enough to each other to do that. Still wanting to get up there this summer if you will have us.
You guys are busy and daring! I try to stick to McDonalds playland and the park with mine. I think you have gone on more trips with them in the past two months than we ever have. My hats off! Awesome teapot!
Where the hec is that teapot? I've driven to Tri-Cities at least a hundred times and never seen it!
Post a Comment