Saturday, March 29, 2008

The Sunshine State

After waiting for Joe to post about his trip to Florida, I have realized, the guy has NO time so while I can't regale you with all the deets having not been there, I can certainly throw some of my favorite pics down and add my personal commentary. Joe had a great time flat tires and sunburn aside and said "Patrika" ie. his brother Pat and fiance Patricia were excellent hosts. Joe assured me I would never have survived the trip because they slept on the beach and only ate every other day. I'm always glad when no one dies or looses an appendage and so a good time was had by all.
I'm always a sucker for a conch and a wet T-shirt contest. . . trust me. If only he'd been of age when Baywatch sent out the casting call.
"Patrika" discussing this cozy shanti as a possible Honeymoon get away in the everglades.
Looks like someone forgot their sunscreen!
I'm not sure who this picture is more incriminating for, the photographer, Grandpa Bryan, or the snorkelers. News flash boys, You don't pick up Miami babes snorkeling in a plaid button up shirt! Pat, pop the collar at least.
Lovebirds and the City. Even I would have been slapping Pat 5. Patricia is a babe and Pat, well, he's got a sweet spirit.


This is Bryan and Iguana competeing for furthest distance after leaping from a tree.

So supposedly the snorkeling was good after they waded through this half mile of disgusting hair-like grass that washed ashore.
This is just one of many Alligator pictures. What you and I can't see but we all should realize is that Pat is Bear Grylls, Steve Irwin (R.I.P.) and Macgyver rolled into one. He could survive in the wild with only a toothpick and a cotton ball. He once killed and skinned a rabbit to eat in the woods only to decide against it in case it was parasitic, which it was. I just know he took everyone out to some remote swamp in the keys with wild gators and used patricia as bait to get a better shot. That's why Jarom isn't in any of the pictures, He got eaten the first day.

11 comments:

Amanda said...

Love the pictures and the commentary! Sleeping on the beach would be fun, eating every other day... not so fun.

Clark Family said...

Sam you crack me up! Bret and I got a kick out of reading this entry tonight. You're hilarious. And I'm glad Joe had a good time.

Clark Family said...

Okay, so I've wanted to tell you for a while now that I LOVE your blog music! I put it on sometimes just to play while I am working. Good tates!

Jarom said...

I agree Pat really out did himself. It's a good thing she can see past the exterior... he's extremely smart and very spiritual.

Betsy said...

I just thought I'd give you props for being an awesome wife and letting him go! It's not easy letting the men take off!

Rebecca said...

Love the wet t-shirt! Love the wet button up even better! What is up with that? Ha-ha!

Laura said...

"Pop the collar!?!?" I'm still wiping tears away. Oh, it's just too funny.

Only Ellsworth in Miami said...

ok, ok I must come to my own defense here. Unlike Joe I only got a little sunburned on my lower neck. Joe on the other hand went out on the beach with no shirt or sunscreen, which needless to say left him entirely red and whimpering in pain. Patricia assumed that Joe's lack of common sense and self preservation skills could only be because Sam was not there to take care of him. Patricia being the extreme mothering type and horrified at Joe's lobster-like appearance was bound and determined to prevent any such self neglect on my part. Therefore I was forced to first wear a shirt, second put a bottle of 50spf on my head, and third after 1 hour of nagging I even relented and agreed to buttoned up my shirt to protect my sunburned lower neck. In short, because Joe got burnt, I had to wear my shirt buttoned to my throat. (I'm just glad she did not have a scarf on hand.) However, I must admit that the night after leaving the beach I did not stay awake all night moaning as a result of my sunburned body.

Only Ellsworth in Miami said...

As for Patricia she is very intelligent (getting her PhD), gung-ho church member, and absolutely gorgeous. As I told Joe and Jarom, it is not good to make a habit of underestimating me. I'm smarter than I look.

Jarom said...

Pat you never go swimming without a shirt on.

The Nits said...

"smarter than you look". . . hmm I think I recall hearing that in a movie, . . . yes, it was "Goose" speaking to "slider" in a bar in Top Gun. I think the follow up to the burn was, "you just shut up!" You could always try that on Joe and Jarom but I would think twice before linking myself to anyone in that movie! -Sam
P.S. you know I was only making Jokes at your expense because A. You can take I mean you still get the babe in the end and B. You've done it to me so many, many, many, MANY times!