We went to watch them win their heat and subsequently get disqualified. A major bummer since they probably would have won the final and subsequently their school, Pine Tree, would have placed first instead of third in the meet. C'est la vie, bet they'll never botch another hand off again. Earlier that morning Gunner had pitched in one of his many Little League Baseball games.
The following week he went on to pitch his first, "No No." In case you are thinking something scandalous, I'll explain as it was told to me. It is an inning where the pitcher allows no walks and no hits. Gunner is turning out to be a good little athlete but of course his abilities have ups and downs. Often, throughout the season, daydreaming in the infield has cost him some runs. What do you zone-out about as a nine year old boy? Bakugan, The Cheese Touch, Darfur, your favorite pants? Who can know? We do know that in spite of a few losses here and there, Gunner loves sports and we are happy to watch. The same day of the track meet/ baseball game, our ward put on a talent show for the children age 3-12.
Tess wanted to sing but at the last minute chickened out refusing to sing the practiced song (Reflection from Mulan) or go on stage without Scottie by her side. She opted for a completely unknown song, "Doodle Bugs." I was just glad to have her try it. She was darling and we can't wait to see her up there again. (Thank you to all those who clapped.) Rounding out the talent portion of our blog post Scottie wowed us all with her free-form poetry, jam session at her fist grade choir concert.
It is a true testament to Scottie's likable spirit and willing attitude that her teacher let her tell a story at a choir concert. At this point in time Scottie has a tonal range only a mother could love and I thought it was nice that Mrs. McElroy allowed her to participate with a talking part.In other news Joe treated me to a terrific Mother's day night out. We ate at Paolo's (so worth the wait, everything I ate from salad to dip to pasta had something to do with Gorgonzola) and saw Iron Man 2. What could be better? I am a big Robert Downey Jr. fan (I even sat through the Shaggy D.A.!! If that's not a true fan I don't know what is.) The following morning I was showered with cute gifts and cards, including a picture where Betsy's hair looks like she has been in a fire. Gunner, realizing too late that in a 4th/5th split at school you don't get to make cutsie gifts for your mother, fashioned me this fabulous crown out of pipe cleaners and fruit loops.
It will go down in history as one of my all time favorite gifts. Joe and the gang made me a delicious breakfast as well.Finally, we all had fun at Scottie's school, Millennium's, Carnival eating sugar until the kids literally could not keep from screeching and hurting each other. Scottie loved showing all her friends that her mom was actually in charge of a booth!
And at one point the bouncy house relay was unmanned so all the kids took advantage of that.
Later in the month, Tess went to meet her teacher at Kindergarten Round Up. One nice little surprise for us is that due to the ultra ghetto nature of our school district and the Superintendent's desire to educate us out of crisis (suck it tax payers) Tess now has all day Kindergarten. I really don't like it and am praying for a miracle by September.
Despite this however, she loved riding the bus, meeting Mrs. Beeles and finding they have a shared love of pearls and being stubborn.
And at one point the bouncy house relay was unmanned so all the kids took advantage of that.
Later in the month, Tess went to meet her teacher at Kindergarten Round Up. One nice little surprise for us is that due to the ultra ghetto nature of our school district and the Superintendent's desire to educate us out of crisis (suck it tax payers) Tess now has all day Kindergarten. I really don't like it and am praying for a miracle by September.
Despite this however, she loved riding the bus, meeting Mrs. Beeles and finding they have a shared love of pearls and being stubborn.
5 comments:
Junior Olympics, Doodle bug, poetry, and all day kindergarten? Wish we could be there to see it all! We love your kiddos!
The picture of Gunner running is priceless. I would love to hear Scottie's free style poetry jam. If not on tape then in August.
You do have a talented bunch of kids. It's been fun watching them at the talent show and all those baseball games. As for all-day kindergarten, I'm still not sure what to make of it. I guess we'll just have to get Betsy and Taylor together multiple times a week so they aren't bored and driving us crazy.
Your blog, and family continue to rock nations. Thanks for posting pics and news that always bring me a smile. I hope we get to see you guys soon! I love you all-J
Free form poetry jam fest? Awwwwwwww yeah! If this gonna be that kinda party... Manth, I am so glad Joe passed the test to end all tests, BHH. Love you like a rock.
Post a Comment