In keeping with tradition we celebrated Cinqo De Mayo this year though we left out the Satan flavored candies. Instead I filled the home-made Pinata, (With the impending layoff we opted for inexpensive this year.) with goodies that came in four to six packs at the Dollar Tree.
Gum, flutes, tiny boxes of breakfast cereal and wiggly straws were just a few of the goodies that showered down on the kids after Gunner dealt the fatal blow.
We did find out that Cardboard boxes are MUCH harder to bust open than a regular pinata, so all the kids got several tries at cracking it open. Joe was brave enough to hold the swinging box of goodies but next year I'll feel more comfortable if he wears a cup.
Thanks to Scottie, Tess and Joe who took the time to create our Mexican Masterpiece.
In other news, Joe continues to study for round two of the patent bar and frustratingly, they've cashed the check but haven't mailed the OK-to-go-ahead letter to him so we still have no test date. I admire him for going through it all again. Studying is a DRAG!Gunner has almost finished his track season and Baseball is heating up. Scottie is finally done with Physical therapy and the Doctor says her arm looks good. We are waiting one month to monitor her growth before she can get back to flipping and twirling her way around Gymstarz. Tess and Betsy have been laying low, mostly playing in the sand box or trampoline. Although Tess is a great help to me right now. Accomplishing more in a day than any of her siblings chore-wise. If only it would last.
All the ladies in the house had fun with hair cuts, Betsy getting her "first."
Finally, I got to head south to my Alma Mater for Women's Conference last week. I loved roaming the old halls of campus and seeing the changes and the great things that are still the same (Yes they still have the aquariums in the basement of the Widstoe but apparently now all the fish there have cancerous growths and lesions.)
The classes were, as always, excellent and I seemed to get on a roll of good ones. One great quote from a class was about the Internet, the instructor said, "Go with a purpose and leave when you are done." Just to show how this works, Today the little girls had Mom's day Out. It's my three hours a week to get stuff done. Instead of going back home and wasting the day online, I checked my email and realized I had an appointment I'd forgotten about. I got up and managed to get a CT scan, a blood draw, return stuff to Walmart and Big 5 sports, drop of old clothes at a thrift store, head to the post office and box up stuff from the garage to take to the Waste Mobile tomorrow. Ahh, what a nice feeling. The conference was good, it was good to see my sisters and even better to come home and see all the people love here, especially Joe who was Mr Mom and Dad so I could get away!
1 comment:
Cinqo de Mayo...sso why do I never remember to celebrate this holiday? My kids were be so jealous to know that you guys get to do a pinata every year. I guess I'm failing as "fun mom" of the year.
Post a Comment