Fast breaking news breaks from a family of seven living in the Urban Sprawl of Seattle.
Thursday, June 25, 2009
Rock Climbing
After the Daddy daughter we went up the Iron Horse trail to do some rock climbing. Jeff was cool enough to provide all the gear including kid harnesses and kid rock climbing shoes.
I thought for sure Scottie would be afraid to climb but she was rearing to go up and climbed like a spider. As you can see the belay rope is taught which helped her a little but it was mostly to make sure she didn't fall far if she slipped. She even learned to repel without any real direction from us. Tess was super excited and Scottie did so well that I didn't really give her a pep talk or prepare her at all. Tess flew up the rock until this point where she slipped and started to feel the pressure of being up 30 feet. She had a bit of a break down and I had to go up and help her repel down. In the end she recovered and was able to hang on the rope. Hopefully she will get over it and come climbing with me in the future.
Wow, rock climbing for kids. Never really thought about it before. That might be something my unadventurous Jeb would love to do. How fun, I haven't been rock climbling since I was a teenager, probably wouldn't be able to make it up anymore.
Christian just said it was no fair that they got to go rock climbing. I guess Jeff needs to have a boy so they can do it after father & son's sometime.
3 comments:
Wow, rock climbing for kids. Never really thought about it before. That might be something my unadventurous Jeb would love to do. How fun, I haven't been rock climbling since I was a teenager, probably wouldn't be able to make it up anymore.
Scottie and Tess are officially the coolest cousins ever-rock climbing, WOW! See you guys soon-J
Christian just said it was no fair that they got to go rock climbing. I guess Jeff needs to have a boy so they can do it after father & son's sometime.
Post a Comment