

Gunner's Birthday has arrived again. He just gets better every year. In keeping with tradition we decided to try an interview with him to get some things down for posterity and posterity might be disappointed by this . . .
Mom: What is your favorite thing to do now days?
Gunner: So what are you doing a survey?
M: Yes birthday nard.
G: Ummmmm, I like to play video games, I like to play outside yeah, and I'm good at volleyball now.
M: What do you think your ninth year has in store for you?
G: I can, I can . . . get out of a booster!
M: Anything else, perhaps something more exciting?
G: I don't know, there are no movies that are like PG -9!
M: What do you think about Obama?
G: I don't want to offend the President just because he's democrapic.
---at this point Gunner and I, who have VERY similar senses of humor are both wiping happy tears from our eyes at his hilarious new witticism.---
M: So you don't like Obama?
G: No I don't.
M: How are you going to pay for your college?
G: You're going to pay for it!
Joe: (from the kitchen) WRONG ANSWER! Didn't you say you're going to play basketball?
G: Silence
J: Who's better looking you or me now? You can be honest. . .
G: OK then me, I'm better looking!
M: Why?
G: Because I look better.
J: You're short, no one likes short dudes.
G: I'm going to be tall someday.
J: How's that, you don't even eat vegetables?
--and so on and so on until the interview completely derails and Gunner accuses Joe of only having room in his heart for meat and photography.--
Gunner is a terrific child. He is amazingly obedient and smart but just gets funnier every day. He even made his own birthday pie since he despises cake complete with a lattice crust and three types of berries. It was delicious!
Every year it seems one of his best friends is out of town for his party so we moved it up this year and have attached a little video footage of the festivities. At one point one boy got hit in the head with a bat and someone else skidded on their palms and knees across the wall ball court and I think they all still had a terrific time.
A little Steal-the-Bacon action here.
This picture epitomizes the general tone of the Birthday Party.I know after the parents of the attendees see this video their children won't be allowed to another party but it was worth it. Unfortunately the best footage was too big to fit on the blog so we only get this small blip toward the end of the game but imagine 5 nine year old boys running around hitting each other with newspaper. (My sides still hurt from the hilarious laughter.) Despite how it seems in the footage everyone had a good time celebrating the terrific guy we call Gunner. Happy Birthday to you!
P.S. Gunner even chose the first song on the playlist to go along with his birthday post because he is, "a big boy." At that comment we both burst into laughter. I told him you can't be a big boy with that many duck tales in your hair. He promptly did a head spin to the music to smooth them out.
3 comments:
So did I help him w/ his volleyball skills? Happy Birthday Gunner. I'm excited to have you in scouts now.
Are you kidding?! This video and the accompanying explanation make me WISH I had a 9 year old boy so that I could have an excuse to get invited to such an event. I love the "don't be a wimp" quote at the beginning of the video. Hilarious. The Choyle never disappoints.
Joe is not wearing dark socks is he?
Post a Comment