Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Happy Birthday Betsy!

Yesterday was Betsy's second Birthday. After telling her repeatedly it was her Birthday and singing the song several times she still had no idea it was her big day. Placing some candy-coated cakes in front of her finally did the job. She loved all of her presents and, while slightly overwhelmed by them was able to focus and blow out her two candles. One of her favorite items was the sought after, "Fruit Loop" necklace which has become Tess's standard gift.

Midway through the festivities Betsy unwrapped this "Fritty" dress which she insisted on putting on right then. She did not want to take it off for cake and enjoyed some serious twirl action later in the evening when the lights went down and music volume went up.
Betsy has been a terrific addition to the family she is very mellow and cute and keeps up fairly well with the family pace. We are so glad she joined us and hope for many more "Fritty" years to come.

4 comments:

Stevenson and Marissa's Blog said...

Happy Birthday Betsy! Looks like it was blast! I love the fritty dress and the fritty girl, whose hair is getting long. And that cake looks really good right about now.

Laura said...

The fruit loop necklace is very cool. I can see why it's so desired.

Clark Family said...

Happy birthday Betsy! I remember her blessing...has it really been 2 years? Crazy. I had fun catching up on your blog today. Are you guys coming to the reunion in June? I hope so. You know it won't be fun if you're not there. :-)

Wenger Family said...

Happy Birthday Betsy, I need to do better at having my kids give/make presents for each other. Fruit loop necklace, what a great idea.