Gunner has been looking forward to the Fathers and Sons ever since the last Daddy Daughter when it looked like the girls might have had more fun than him. He was going to make this the Hap-Happiest event since... (I can't remember the rest of the quote from
National Lampoons Christmas Vacation.) So we left right after work I didn't even take the time to get a map or the name of the camp ground, I mean how many could there be around Lake Samammish? Turns out, there are alot of them. I know because in two hours we had visited all of them. It was getting dark and Gunner just knew that we were not going to have enough time to out fun the last Daddy Daughter. Finally after heaps of campsites, an eye full of big buns in bikinis and 4 dollars in payphone charges, Gunner decides its time to pray about it. 3 minutes later we were in our campsite setting up our tent.

Eat your heart out daughters!!! We threw rocks in a stream!! A stream just brimming with water. Did I mention the rocks! We even dammed up the water with the rocks!!

Then we had a sermon around the campfire and made smores. We were all tired so a few stayed up playing cards but most went to bed.

Gunner woke me up at 5:30 am ready to go. He swore he could hear breakfast being cooked. All I could hear was about 500 birds competing over who was most shrill. After breakfast it was back to the water. This time they hiked up the stream to some one foot waterfalls. We actually had alot of fun playing dodgeball, snake tag, steal the bacon, and kickball.
2 comments:
Socks with sandels...nice! Always a good look if you are old and totally out of style like my dad. He always black socks with his brown teva style sandels.
https://shibatoken.com
Post a Comment