Monday, October 13, 2008

Girls, girls, girls.

I thought I'd move from a focus on the fun differences of opinion a Marriage can have to something a bit lighter, the girls!

Disclaimer #1 I know that somewhere a woman is doing more with less and liking it better than I do.

Disclaimer #2 I really enjoy what I do and I love my girls; all three of them in a row.

That said, they can bring me right to the edge of the brink of sanity. Scottie has PM Kindergarten from 1-3:30 and other than that it is the Ellsworth ladies, age one, three, five and 30 together all day long. Together at Fred Meyer, Target, Visit Teaching, cooking together, running errands or trashing the house. I thought I'd include a few pics of some nice jobs they've pulled on me recently. And don't think for a second that Betsy isn't a contender. She contributes some pretty tasty high-jinks.

Sadly the impetus for this post is an event I don't have a real picture for, this one will have to do. Fred Meyer is currently having a "Buy One Get One Free" sale on cartons of 18 eggs. While I was busy shopping with a girl on each side of the cart and Betsy in the front she reached around, grabbed the top of one of the cartons and Freddy and I ended up with 36 egg yolks all over the cart, the groceries and the store floor.

Cooking is always a huge mess, the girls love it, so it happens but it really blasts the kitchen to smithereens. Add any kind of a holiday with it's accompanying sprinkles and cookie cutter shapes and it's a double whammy.




Betsy insists on feeding herself and has for a while the amount of mess depends on the food; clam chowder here.




Macaroni and Cheese, yes it stains.




Partially chewed carrot fragments; they stain worse.




If you choose to buy your flour in bulk, put it away immediately before the girls try to "help"!




This is a fun one called "Couch Mountain" It is forbidden ever since Gunner wound up with four perfect teeth marks on the back of his head. Dental injuries aside, imagine all the goodies that build up in couch cushions; popcorn, cracker bits, raisins that were once grapes, fruit snacks etc. Now imagine them dumped onto and then ground into the floor. like I said, FORBIDDEN!




Sadly it seems the clean up is all pretend and the messes are all too real.



And then sometimes it's not that messy, just really, really weird.
I would just like to say that truly when these girls are happy and getting along they are the best that anybody could ask for. As you can see we always try to get pictures of those moments so we can remember them.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

And in a few years you will miss picking macaroni and cheese or carrot bits out of the carpet. . . sigh. Really? I wonder about missing the gross stuff (not that that's terribly gross, but it could be). I mean, don't we all miss the overwhelming sweetness of a brand new baby but when they have spit up from head to toe in the front and poop from neck to heel in the back and it's 3:00 am is that a moment we will "miss"?

Love your girls (and boy) and are excited to see you all again!

Thinking about a winter break getaway to Ensign Ranch. . . you up for it?

Amanda said...

One lucky (and busy) mama with 3 little girls.
The girls in this home sure miss the girls in your home (I'm sure the boy misses the boy too).
I miss our adventures driving around in the minivan looking (and breaking in to) houses.

Rebecca said...

You gotta love girls even if they are messy and weird at times!

Laura said...

Glad to know that my children aren't the only ones misbehaving at the grocery store. Next time mine are hanging like monkeys from the checkout lane bars at Albertsons, I'll think of this post and be comforted.

The Smack Family said...

Oh boy can I relate!! Usually it involves not only a mess but an all out fist swinging brawl to boot. Ahhhh. . . the joys of parenthood.