Saturday, December 18, 2010

Christmas Part Uno

So the Holidays begin early and so does the fun around here. We got some frigid temps and a decent amount of snow which made the days before Thanksgiving a wash for schools and employers alike. This is a fun ride Joe rigged up on a snow day and even the neighbor kids couldn't resist.In addition to snow we have had some fun outings. Betsy performed at her preschool. Did I say performed? What I meant was, she stood still and staring as her friend belted out the words to Jingle Bells and We Wish you a Merry Christmas. Still cute though. Gunner ran his 2nd annual Christmas Rush here in Kent. His P.E. teacher, arguably the best P.E. teacher ever to exist, is crazy for fitness events and always has over 80 kids run this thing. Gunner improved his time this year by over a minute and inspired Joe and I to try our hands at a 5K St Patrick's Day Run perhaps . . . . We also cut the family tree. This is a tradition I hate. We can never agree, it takes us hours and then the sun is setting and we finally scramble and pick something bad. Well THIS year, since we couldn't agree, I got huffy and stomped off only to find a tiny secret hamlet of perfect trees at Pfaff's U-Cut. If no one finds the spot we should be insured good trees for the next few Christmases. Pray that they don't, this tradition can not afford any more set backs! This picture says, "Mom, I've completely skidded out my undies, I'm cold and I was promised Hot Cocoa!"
Finally, we had the annual Church Christmas Dinner. To be fair to both factions at church, the Old people just want it quiet and reverent and the young families are just that, young families. No it's not right to allow the sequel to 'Lord of the Flies' to happen at the Ward Christmas Party. But you also can't make it so darn boring that your youngest, who is being forced to sit on your lap in a full body arm harness, says she prefers sacrament meeting on Sunday to this! To spite the Fogies, who originally wanted this to be a no-kids-allowed- party, My kids ran between empty place settings stealing cherry tomatoes to salt and eat.

Don't worry, Sister X, I"ll make sure my kids put the decorative Holly back into the centerpiece. You on the other hand, didn't listen when your mom told you if you keep doing that with your eyes, they'll stay like that, and are in real danger! Merry Christmas so far . . .

1 comment:

Tia said...

Oh how I love reading your blog! You make me laugh so hard and I can only imagine who sister X is! Merry Christmas to you guys! Hope you are doing well. love, Tia