Gunner has a good friend who's mom is a serious runner. She works at RoadRunner Sports and even participates in marathons. She has tried on numerous occasion to get our family involved and last month Joe and Gunner ran a little Harvest Hustle. I think it was a 1K for Gunner or some other tiny distance while Joe bravely ran through the whole 5K for his first time ever. This last month was our city's annual Christmas Rush 5K which only Gunner was healthy enough to participate in and he did great! He and his friend Devin ran together with the mascot/dog/his mom.
He surprised us all by running it in 30minutes and living to tell the story. I'm proud of him for trying new things and wanting to keep his body in good shape. If only I was better at following his example. Congratulations Gunner and Devin!
He surprised us all by running it in 30minutes and living to tell the story. I'm proud of him for trying new things and wanting to keep his body in good shape. If only I was better at following his example. Congratulations Gunner and Devin! 


2 comments:
Word up Gunner. That is faster than any 5k I've ever run and I actually spend MONTHS training for them! Dang! He's a phenom. Tess waving is my new screen saver. I love that gal. Love your blog
Gunner, you'll have to tell me your training secrets when we come up. Good Job.
See you guys soon.
Post a Comment