Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Do the Puyallup

So here in Washington we have the Puyallup Fair, it's not a county or a country fair it's just a huge fair for a fair's sake. This year Scottie's gym performed there and we all went to see. It was fun to watch but even more fun for her. After she stepped off stage she said, "Mom I LOVE performing." I was a little surprised but glad she has found her niche in exhibitionism. (We hope elegance and grace will eventually come.)
Since we had gotten the entire family in for a whopping eight bucks we thought we would give the fair a real try. It was also Monday Madness and all the rides were a dollar. The kids of course enjoyed the animals, I on the other hand had trouble watching them constantly touch things and then put their fingers in their mouths. Man that's tough for me. WHY, WHY! do kids do this and when I was little did I? Needless to say two days later Scottie was barfing and all the others had some form or other of intestinal trouble. But it was all worth it for an elephant ear and a brush with the Avian Flu in the pigeon barn.
The rides were alright, Scottie picked one from a distance that looked fun and as you can see did NOT enjoy it. After that we stuck to the kiddie rides. The highlight of the whole event was the human cannon ball. Joe and I loved it! Oddly enough the kids weren't that impressed, perhaps because this sort of thing happens to Betsy all the time.

7 comments:

Rebecca said...

It looks like more family fun time for the Ellworth's. I'm too cheap to take my kids to the fair. I guess I should have gone to $1 ride night w/ you.

Clark Family said...

You always look like you are having so much fun! The family picture at the end is great.

Wenger Family said...

Wow, performing at the fair, that's awesome. I remember dancing at the fair when I was growing up. Looks like a fun evening, definately have to go on $1 ride night, they're a rip off. I wasn't quite up for the fair this year!

amy welch said...

Hey, we were at the fair on Monday too. I hope Gunner didn't tell Parker the rides were so cheap. I had no idea and we told the kids rides were a rip off!!! Anyway, we had our fill of the fair- and fair food for a couple of years.

Laura said...

Great fair pics! I must admit, I wasn't too impressed with the human cannonball either. Maybe it's because I've seen Betsy do the same thing in your blog pics. Hmmm.... You look amazing in the fam pic by the way!!!

Bonnie Bell Anderson said...

adorable pictures!
By the way, Seth Ellsworth is engaged.

Stevenson and Marissa's Blog said...

Whoa! Human cannon ball! That looks awesome!